Wednesday, December 17, 2008

'tis the season to be a JOLLEY!!!!!!

Wow! Christmas with an infant is rather difficult! Not to mention the lack of income on my part, the little bit of shopping I have managed to do is fast and furious! I try to get in and get out before any meltdowns occur! No window shopping for this mama anymore! But it has already proved to be the best Christmas ever. After all, I DO have the most beautiful baby in the wide world! We are so blessed and I realize that now more than ever. We don't even have our tree up people! Yet I am very much in the Christmas spirit!!!! I have used having a child as an excuse to watch every single Christmas inspired cartoon/movie this year (not that I ever needed an excuse in the past) and have had a mug of homemade hot chocolate (with marshmallows) while watching every one!! I have Christmas cards ready to go, just waiting on our pics to be ready.My sweet husband decorated the outside of the house,we had our annual Christmas ornament made, and made Scout a Build-a-Bear for his Christmas present. So I am not really behind on anything yet! I just lack the tree, indoor decorations and wrapping the gifts! So not bad for a new mom!!I am quite proud of myself actually! I guess since I have been put on a "budget" due to not working right now, I have become obsessed with discounts, coupons, and free samples! It's pretty funny actually! I have always been the bargain shopper, but I have gone off the deep end!!!! I got online one day and discovered all these websites to get all kinds of freebies!! You heard me....FREE! I LOVE IT!!! I anxiously await the papers with coupons in them and print every coupon I can get my hands on!!And most recently, I have discovered the world of "bargaining with salespeople"! It's amazing how much you can get taken off the price with just a little persuasion!!! I am beginning to get really good at it!You have to know something about my personality....I used to not be able to stand hearing people "bargain" with people. I, myself, would walk into the store, pick up my item, pay and leave.I wouldn't even do it at a yard sale!!!I'm sure certain sales associates have enjoyed many a chuckle and hefty commission at my expense in the past. But my husband is the worlds best wheeler and dealer! He even does it at WALMART!!! So he has finally worn off on me! And it's awesome!!!I shutter to think of all the money I have essentially wasted in the past!!!So, this is a personal achievement and I am proud of myself...I'm a big girl!

So Scout is growing like a weed! He is hilarious! He knows if he pretends to cry you'll either pick him up or at the very least, pay attention to him. So he'll let out this pitiful whimper,stick his lower lip out and when you look at him the biggest, toothless grin spreads across his chubby little face! And so the game continues indefinitely! He is so precious though! I am really enjoying being at home with him and I am beginning to really dread going back to work. He's already enrolled in day care, but it doesn't make it any easier at all. Now I see what so many people mean when they say "I didn't have children so other people could raise them." But you do what you have to do.I wish I could afford to only work 2 days a week! That would be great!!!!But, alas, I cannot! :) OK, I have to quit talking about it or I'll start crying!!

What a long blog I am writing today! I have had way toooo much coffee and Scout isn't awake yet....go figure!

So with all my spare time (yeah right) I have finally decided to compile my cookbook. I have wanted to do this for a long time, but I am working on it now. They won't all be my recipes though; mainly a collection of my favorites, family recipes, and some I use alot; the real tried and true ones!!! How many times have you bought or looked through a cookbook and only a handful of recipes seemed good or possible? These will all be easy and most will require ingredients you already have at home! So here's the name I have decided on....

THE JOLLEY MAMA'S BOOK OF
GOOD EATS& SWEET TREATS
(Get it? Jolley Mama? Sounds like Dahli Lama?)I'll let you know when it's finished!!! If I don't get around to blogging again before Christmas....I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New year!!!

No comments: