Monday, December 29, 2008

Great first Christmas!

We had a wonderful first Christmas as a little family. It's always a little hectic this time of year for us but this year it was a little more hectic than usual. We decided to make most of our Christmas gifts this year in the hopes of it being cheaper and take less time....HA! It was neither! But it all turned out fine. Scout got soooooo much awesome stuff.Jason and I made him a Build-a-Bear this year since he wouldn't really care about much;we wanted his present to be more nostalgic than practical. It turned out so cute and sooooo soft; and believe it or not, he actually likes it. His name is Bubba and he wears a UT t-shirt. I think Mommy and Daddy have definitely had a better time playing with all his toys than he has. We won't have to buy him anymore clothes at all for a very long time either!!! That kid has more clothes and shoes than I do!!!He was sooo good during all our many stops too. He loves being passed around (good thing) and he handles all of the loudness and chaos wonderfully!:) He is such an awesome baby I just cannot get over it! He travels well, he sleeps in his own bed, he only cries when he's hungry and even at that it's usually no more than a whimper. He smiles all day long at everyone and is so happy. It's kind of scary cause I know we may not get that lucky twice in a row if we have another one.We are in constant awe of what a blessing God has given us. He is truly the light of our lives and we are both in complete love with this little boy.

We also got to go to Pikeville to my dads familys Christmas. It was great because my Granny got to meet Scout as well as the rest of my family. We had a really good time.Along with so many other firsts, we had another one,too. No biggie to anyone else but his Mommy, but he sat in his Bumbo seat for the first time. He seemed to really like it too. He's still working on holding his head up but that will come in time.:) I just cannot get over how fast he his growing!!!



We all had a great Christmas!! Mommy got all brand new Rachel Ray Stainless Steel Cookware, clothes and money (thank the Lord). So we were very blessed this year. In fact, this has by far been the best year of my life. I was pregnant (almost all year) and then was blessed with the most beautiful and perfect little boy ALL IN THE SAME YEAR!!!!It doesn't get much better than that. I'm looking forward to a new year and all that it will bring but the ONLY problem with a new year comes going back to work. I am having the hardest time accepting it and wrapping my head around it. I want so badly to be at home with him, but financially, it's just not in the cards right now.I'm trying so hard to pep talk myself daily but next Tuesday if fast approaching and I am dreading it with all my heart!He will be in good hands; that's not the problem. I just want to be with him during the day; not just on nights and weekends. UGH!!!! Watch the news for "Mommy Gone Berserk At Local Salon Due To Child In Daycare"!Ha!I keep telling my sister-in-law(also my boss) that I'm just gonna bring him and his pack-n-play and put it in the corner!!! She doesn't like that idea too very much!!!:)Woe is me!


Hope everyone had a great Christmas!Have a safe New Years and God bless you all in 2009!!


No comments: