Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Daycare Drama!!!!


Whew! What a day! Talk about a roller coaster of emotions....yesterday was mentally and emotionally draining for me!!! It was Scout's first day of daycare and my first (official) day back at work. TOO MANY "FIRSTS" FOR ONE DAY! I had been dreading this day since the moment I found out I was pregnant. I couldn't sleep that night before at all. I was actually ok until we got in the car. (Jason went with me b/c I knew I'd be a wreck!) My cousin Jessica works in the office right down the hall so she can check on him throughout the day; but she met us at the door and walked us to his classroom. I was okay until Jason asked me if "Mommy wanted to tell him 'bye'?"UGGGHHHH! I lost it! In front of everyone- i boo-hooed like one of the many babies staring at me in awe. But I didn't care...I was having to leave my child for the first time with someone other than family for more than just a couple of hours and I was heartbroken. I absentmindedly went over his feeding schedule with the teacher and then Jason held him up for me to kiss goodbye. Luckily, he was asleep the whole time! I don't know what I would do if I had to stare back at those beautiful babyblues and say bye. So, we left and Jason drove, thankfully,as I bawled my eyes out all the way to Starbucks! That helped alot though; it's amazing what problems expensive coffee can make better. So I only had a half-day at work so I went back and got him as soon as I was done.I tell ya...I couldn't get there fast enough!!But when I got there he was asleep again. His teacher bragged on him and told me how good he had been that day! Everyday, they give you this sheet of paper they fill out thru the day. It's a detailed account of exactly how much they eat and when, how often they nap and for how long, and how many dirty/wet diapers they had and when! That is sooooo awesome! So far, I am very impressed. I think Thursday and Friday will go much better now; I guess I just had to get that out of my system. But can I just say... I LOVE having Wednesdays off! I am really looking forward to going to church tonight; a new women's Bible class starts tonight on Esther by Beth Moore. I absolutely love me some Beth Moore so I am super excited. I believe we will be going to meet Jason for lunch today,too. He loves getting to see Scout in the middle of the day!So today is ALREADY better than yesterday!!

3 comments:

Christy C Beach said...

WOO HOO! You made it. Expesive coffee always helps!!! We should go get some expensive coffee together. See you tonight. So excited about womens class

Jennifer said...

I bet that was tough, but at least you made it! I know that you will miss him, but at least your cousin is down the hall and can check on him! Hopefully Thursday will be a better day for you! Good luck!!

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry this was such a hard day for your and Jason but what a great day for me. It tore me up to see the two of you hurting so but I had high hopes that it would make you feel better to know that I was right down the hall and could be to him, if I needed, in just a few seconds. He is so sweet every time I go in there to check on him. I can tell that he is beginning to recognized me and the just melts my heart. I love him so much!