Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lordy mercy....what a week!!!


Well, where do I begin? On Wednesday, I noticed that Scout was a little more snotty than usual so to be on the safe side, I called his doctor and they wanted to see him since he is so little....just to make sure it wasn't RSV. So we went in and she said it was just a cold but she wanted to send him to T.C. Thompson's for x-rays and a flouroscopy to determine the cause of the little squeaky noise he makes when he breathes. So, Thursday we went to children's and he did so good.(Look at him in his little hospital robe!) I was so proud of him. He wasn't supposed to eat after 6am and we were very worried about that because he has never had to wait on food!But he did just fine. He was talking to all the nurses and flirting with them! You'd never know there was anything wrong with him; he such a little trooper!So anatomically, there is nothing wrong.No hemangiomas.No polyps.No trachiomalcia("floppy trachea").Whew! So now we go back on Monday for a swallowing test.They will test different consistencies of formula to determine which consistency is best for him so he doesn't aspirate into his lungs(which is a concern of theirs). So fingers crossed that all it is is making his formula thicker.

We ended up having to go BACK to Children's on Friday night only this time it was to the emergency room! His breathing was getting really raspy and I was afraid it was moving into his chest so I was worried about RSV and pneumonia. I knew there was a HUGE possibility I was overreacting but I would rather be safe than sorry. The doctor there was AWESOME! He said he was fine...just a severe cold;nothing to really worry about.They sucked all the snot out and sent us on our way!He slept very well last night and all day to day he did fine. The only time he cries is when I have to suck the snot out!He hates that!He still sounds a little rough, but he seems to feel fine. We have stayed indoors this weekend and I am planning on staying home with him all day tomorrow too. I may go a little stir crazy but its worth it if he gets better.:)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my you have had a rough week! We will be praying for all of you, especially litle Scout! Hopefully everything goes well with his test! Keep us posted!